Scott Maddux and Jo le Gleud of London-based design studio, Maddux Creative share their secrets to creating the ultimate luxurious bathroom.
Design duo, Scott Maddux and Jo le Gleud of Maddux Creative go the extra mile to provide a level of detail that feels immediately luxurious and classical in this Notting Hill bathroom.
Maddux and le Gleud’s top five secrets to a luxurious bathroom
1. “Be selfish and indulgent and give yourself as much space as possible to do so. The double shower room in our Notting Hill bathroom is a perfect example of this — it’s pure luxury.
2. “Go the extra mile to provide a level of detail that feels immediately luxurious, with a nod to classic styles. We re-created a marble picture rail detail based on an existing original profile in the neighbouring rooms. Hire a professional designer to get these details right.
3. “Don’t be afraid of putting the vanity in front of your window. You can always suspend the lighting and mirrors in front. Natural light directly on your face is the best lighting.
4. “Use antiques, interesting accessories and decorative lighting to make the bathroom feel like a habitable room rather than clinical. We love using contemporary or vintage ceramic and glass vessels with interesting colours and textures as stylish accents.
5. “Toilet cubicles save marriages!” — this was a quote from the client of this bathroom. If you have the space, try your best to implement this. The extra privacy goes a long way.”